Hangzhou Economic & Technological Development Area | HEDA
- Hangzhou Economic & Technological Development Zone
- Mr Qian
- Jianggan, Hangzhou, Zhejiang
Hangzhou Economic and Technological Development Area (HEDA) was established and approved as a national development zone by State Council in 1993. The zone is located in the eastern Zhejiang Province and is only one and a half hours' drive from Shanghai, Suzhou and Ningbo. Encouraged industries include electronic information, biological medicine, machinery manufacturing, food processing.
Hangzhou ETDZ contains the Singapore-Hangzhou Science and Technological Park, a logistics park, a high-tech incubator and industrial innovation Park as well as a biomedical park. In 2008, its GDP grew 19.5% and reached 29.2 billion.
The zone’s major industries are information technology, machinery, food and beverages and pharmaceuticals. Major investors in the IT sector include IBM, Motorola and LG.
Encouraged industries at HEDA include electronic information, biomedical, machinery manufacturing, and food processing.
- Economic and Technological Development Zone
- 25 - 50 Square km
- Yindu Building Xiasha Town, 310002
- Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport 20 - 50 km
- G320 20 - 50 km
- Ningbo Port 100 - 200 km
- Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals, Computer Software, Food/Beverage Processing, Instruments & Industrial Equipment Production, Telecommunications Equipment
- New Energy New Materials