Kunshan Economic & Technical Development Zone (KETD)
- Kunshan Economic and Technological Development Zone Administrative Committee
- Mr Zhang Qingsheng (Investment Promotion Bureau)
- Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu
Kunshan Economic & Technical Development Zone (KETD) was founded in 1985, and was upgraded by the State Council to a State-level development zone in 1992. Since then, KETD has been following the strategy of absorbing high-quality foreign investments, developing modern manufacturing industry and optimizing product structure. Focusing on new and hi-tech industry and high-value-added service industry, KETD is trying its best to transform itself into a multifunctional and comprehensive industrial zone.
The efforts of the Kunshan government is to ensure a stable and healthy economic and social development, and to consequently transforme the city into one of the best places to work, live and do business in China. Kunshan Economic & Technical Development Zone(KETD) is the only State-class zone in the city. In fact, you can enjoy most of Shanghai’s advantages without shanghai’s cost by investing in Kunshan.
Three leading industries in KETD
◇ Precision Machinery
◇ Daily Commodity
◇ Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport (45 km from KETD, 45-minute drive).
◇ Shanghai Pudong International Airport (100 km from KETD, 90-minute drive).
◇ Shanghai Harbor(China largest harbort, 60 km away),
◇ Zhangjiagang port (100 km away),
◇Shanghai-Nanjing Intercity Express Railway
◇The Beijing-Shanghai Railway runs through KETD, with a grade 1 passenger-cargo transportation station in the city,which means all the train stop in Kunshan. It’ll take us less than 6 hours to go to Beijing with high speed railway which will be completed in 2010.
4) Highways: There is an extensive highway network in the zone with two main Highway Entrances:
◇ Shanghai-Nanjing Expressway,
◇ 312 State Highway
◇ Suzhou-shanghai Highway
◇ Tongshan Expressway
◇ Su-Kun-Tai Expressway
By the end of 2009
◇Total contracted foreign capital : USD 15 billion
◇Total paid–in capital: USD8.4 billion.
◇Wholly Foreign owned projects: 1,800
◇Fortune top 500: 60
- Economic and Technological Development Zone
- 25 - 50 Square km
- > 100 Square km
- 167 Qianjin Road, International Building, Kunshan, P.R.C., 215300
- Shanghai Hongqiao Airport 20 - 50 km
- G312 0 - 10 km
- Shanghai Port 50 - 100 km
- Jinghu Line 0 - 10 km
- Chemicals Production and Processing
- Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals, Computer Software, Electronics Assembly & Manufacturing, Food/Beverage Processing, Research and Development