Yantai Economic and Technological Development Area
- Yantai Economic and Technological Development Area Management Committee
- Zhifu, Yantai, Shandong
Yantai Economic and Technological Development Area is one of the earliest approved state level economic development zones in China. It now has planned area of 10 square kilometers and a population of 115,000. It lies on the tip of the Shandong Peninsula facing the Huanghai Sea. Beijing and Dalian are to its north across the sea, and to its south there are Shanghai and Qingdao. To the east there are South Korea and Japan. It adjoins to downtown Yantai, merely 6 kilometers away from Yantai Port, 6 kilometers away from Yantai Railway Station, and a 30-minute drive to Yantai International Airport.
The number of countries and regions that have made investments in YEDA has reached 33. In terms of the value of investment, South Korea, the United States, Hong Kong, Japan and Taiwan come the first five. Machinery, automobile and auto parts, electronic information, fine fiber, pharmacy, and foodstuff processing have become the pillar industries. Among all the 500 Fortune Companies, 22 have made investments in YEDA; namely, they are General Motors, Henkel, Hyundai, LG, Daewoo, Denso, Toyota Tsusho, and Asahi Kasei, producing brand products like automobiles, Henkel Loctite anaerobic glues, LG mobile phones, Daewoo excavators, Daewoo machine tools and Denso air conditioners.
- Economic and Technological Development Zone
- Asahi Kasei, Daewoo, Denso, GM, Henkel, Hyundai, LG, Toyota Tsusho
- 5 - 10 Square km
- Yantai City, Shandong, 264000
- Yantai Laishan Airport 0 - 10 km
- G204 10 - 20 km
- Yantai Port 0 - 10 km
- Telecommunications Equipment, Chemicals Production and Processing, Automobile Production/Assembly, Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals, Food/Beverage Processing, Instruments & Industrial Equipment Production